Friday, August 24, 2007

LEFTOVER DAAL PARATHAS













This is a recipe that my MIL has passed down to me & blv me it is absolutely wonderful, but I guess that my recipe gets that extra taste because of the love that she showers on what she cooks & for whom she cooks. It is also a wonderful way to use up any leftover daal (you can also use fresh daal for the same)

Ing -

1 cup - any leftover daal
2 cups - aata
1 onion - finely chopped
a bunch of corriander leaves - washed & finely chopped
chillies according to taste (green chillies add that wonderful flavor)
1/4 tsp - ajwain
salt to taste (but remember there is salt already in the daal, so do balance the same)
1/4 tsp - saunf

Method :-

Mix all this into a dough.
Roll into chappatis.
Shallow fry on tava. You can leave out the oil if you wanna cut off the calories (I try to do it often n they still taste good)


Sizzling on my tawa!!





Serve with north Indian mango pickle or for that matter anything else, or just roll it up & eat it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Shella, You have a good blog with very different recipes :-) keep up the blogging work. Will definitely try some of your dishes :-)

www.monaafzal.wordpress.com

Shella said...

Thanks Mona. I have gone thru a lot of blogs n th4, I try n put recipes which I have not seen elsewhere.

I hope I can maintain them, n I really hope you can try them out & enjoy them too.